Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Versace Man

So I've been kinda feeling the older men's lately. Something about a little salt and pepper that really revs my engines. With my new sense of dating adventure, I decided to give this guy a shot. Now he is 38. Which isn't too bad. I am 26. There is a big age gap, but still do-able. Anyway, we emailed back and forth. And then we text back and fro. And then we talked on the phone for a while. Had decent convo on the phone, he really made me laugh, made me feel at ease. I think we both enjoyed each other on the phone.. so then we finally decided to meet up.

I am by no means a big dater. So I had a glass of wine before leaving to loosen up. We were meeting at a restaurant bar for some drinks. Now I'm going to list the pros and cons:

I'll start with cons:
1. He talked a lot about money. Normally this isn't too bad to talk about ( We are adults), but he went on and on. He talked about 200 shoes, and 200 blankets and 200 sweaters and only buying nice stuff.

Now this normally isn't a bad thing, but it's kind of intimidating for the first date.

2. He dissed my shoes. I had a nice pair of loafers on.. and he 'jokingly' said they were so last year.

3. He kept insulting the people around us. Albeit to just me, but it was weird.

4. He kept asking me to share more about myself.. but then he wouldn't ask me any questions. Kinda hard to have a convo when your the only asking questions.

5. He mentioned how picky he was, and that he didn't like kids. (I love and want kids.. aka dealbreaker). haha.

6. He text a few times while we were at the table. HUUUUGE no no.

7. He was shorter than he said he was. He was way shorter than I thought he'd be. It could've just been me, but yeah..

Ok Pros.. there were some pros:

1. He was really funny and outgoing which immediately put me at ease. He was gregarious so it made it easy to chat.

2. He was sooo cute, and had an amazing body. I was very physically atuned to him. yum. yum. yum.

3. He seemed really sweet and a little self-conscious. Which made him very approachable.

4. He is in a great place in his life, he owns his own house, he has a great career, and knows what he wants to do.

5. He exercises regularly, which means he is healthy and has a beautiful body!!



So the date wasn't horrible. He cleared off my car (it was snowing). He went in for the kiss, but didn't go all the way in. I guess I was supposed to reciprocate and I didn't. I wasn't sure how I was feeling and I had beer breath. lol. We text that night, and he told me how cute I was and how badly he wanted to kiss me. I told him I thought he was super cute.

The next day we kinda text one another. But nothing really since.

I should say, that the date wasn't a 'ball outta the park.' I would say yes if he asked me out again, but I def would not pursue him any further. So back to the drawing board...


No comments:

Post a Comment