Monday, February 1, 2010

The First One

No. I'm not talking about the first one, as in... you know.. sex. I'm talking about this. The First Blog. Because I have searched for blogs about this, and found none... I have decided to start this blog as a voice for me, and I'm sure there are some of you out there that feel my pain.

I am 26. I am single. I am gay. I am shy. And I am clueless.

I should start by talking about myself. I am a college grad, I graduated with a degree in Communications from a major university in New England. I also am stuck in a dead end retail job, that I can't seem to get out of. I work heinous hours, I'm talking I get up at 430a, and work on my feet all day. This recession has put a lot of obstacles in my life, the lack of opportunities for jobs, and the lack of creativity.

I should also explain that I am a weird combination of shy and extroverted. I have the facade of an extroverted person, I can carry a conversation, I love to be the center of attention.. not making a case for the shyness right. Well when it comes to dating I am painfully shy. I am deathly afraid of other men, and tend to act a little different towards men.

I am at a point in my life, where I am tired of my lack of dating extroversion. I feel like I've had opportunities to date and I have steered away from them in the past. Now I am ready to date, fully ready for the embarrassment and all that. But now I am finding there is a lack of gay men in my life. There are more obstacles, because of my heinous work schedule (and I work anywhere from Mon thru Sun), I tend to not want to go out on most weekends, and I don't have many close friends, because when they are free... I am working and vice versa.

These are all my excuses. And they are the reasons why I continue to be single. In the last year I have had a sort of self-awakening. I am trying to do things that I am uncomfortable with. In essence I am trying to not let my excuses keep me from my goal.

I should say, there is nothing wrong with being single, and I am not desperate to meet the man I am going to marry. But I'd like to have someone to enjoy time with. I am not interested in hookups, though I don't look down on them, and if they happen, well then they happen.

In this blog I will chronicle my social experiences, these include any significant event at work, any party/club/bar, and anything that falls somewhere in between.

I am also going to try anything possible to date... this includes online dating.. blind dates.

The most important rule, is that if I get asked out I will not say no. I will say yes to any real invitation on a date.

I will be in touch.. so stay tuned.

xxoo,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Hay Shy dude
    I am glad I found your blog. I can completely relate. I too was a late bloomer. I have always been an extrovert, but used to find it difficult to relate to gay men. For me it was more a trust issue. I am glad that you are actively trying to make that connection. And yes please keep us updated.
    *Hugz*

    ReplyDelete